The Advanced Solo cars must pass tech inspection before they can drive on the Sebring track. Safety is number one. Thursday and Friday are the busiest days for tech.
Responsibilities for tech include:
- Check lug nuts to make sure they’re torqued properly
- Check tire pressure
- Make sure battery is secured
- Check brake lights to see if they’re working
- Make sure there are no loose objects in car
- Check to see glove box is locked
- Check tow hook installed
Scales are open Friday through Sunday. The race cars are weighed on the scales to make sure they are the proper weight for their car and class. Volunteers are needed to push the cars on the scales.